Welcome to the
Orthodox Sacred Music Reference Library,
a comprehensive Internet-based archive
of authentic sources for Orthodox sacred music, systematized and indexed for optimal search capabilities.
Materials in the Orthodox Sacred Music Reference Library
include scanned facsimiles or PDFs of:
- Original manuscripts by prominent Orthodox composers
- Published first editions of works by prominent Orthodox composers prepared under the composers'
- Published secondary editions of works by prominent Orthodox composers prepared using accepted scholarly
The Denis G. Brearley Memorial Bibliography is a
comprehensive bibliographical reference bank of books, articles, program notes, and other published
materials in a variety of languages, with scholarly content on the subject of Orthodox church music of all
styles, periods, and national origins.
The Orthodox Sacred Music Reference Library is a project
of the Russian Choral Heritage Foundation, a not-for-profit organization
whose primary mission and goal is the preservation and cultivation of the Russian sacred choral tradition.
Its current Research
Director is Dr. Vladimir Morosan, a Russian-American choral musician and scholar, who is one of the leading
experts in the field of Orthodox choral music..
- The musical material on this site is in the Public Domain (i.e. no longer protected by copyright).
- Users may download the material after
on the site.